Saturday, November 15, 2008

Garmin Forerunners



Since I'm now a running addict, you'll start to see more posts about running gear and gadgets :-)

This one is about a new gadget I recently purchased, a Garmin Forerunner. It appealed to me because I needed to figure out the distance I was running on my run routes (the other way would have been to drive around the same route in my car and check the distance via the odometer). The Forerunner does this for me via its built in GPS. It also automatically computes my pace, the elevation, plus a bunch of other stuff.

I got a 305 model (pictured above). Costs about $180. But there's a newer, sleeker model that has a touch screen, the 405 (see below). The 405 was beyond my budget though ($300).



They're both available on Amazon.

It's amazing how the Forerunner has evolved. Take a look at how the older models looked years ago. I can;t believe people actually wore these on their wrists then!

No comments: