Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Points.com



I've racked up quite a lot of frequent flyer miles from the numerous business trips and vacation trips I've done through the years. I have a bunch of Asia Miles expiring this month and I was trying to figure out what to do so they wouldn't go to waste. Was going to use them to book a local flight in Spain (for a trip I'm taking next month). But they wouldn't accept one-way tickets. Looked around Asia Miles' site some more and discovered a link to this site called Points.com. It's the coolest thing ever. Points.com is basically some sort of online shopping mall where you can trade not only your frequent flyer miles from a number of airlines, but also loyalty points from certain membership clubs etc, and use them to purchase goods like gift cards from a wide range of online retailers. I ended up trading my soon-to-expire miles for a $64 Amazon gift card. Not bad!



No comments: