Friday, March 28, 2008

Hostess Twinkies


Hostess Twinkies (and Ding Dongs, for that matter) remind me of the days when I was a kid reading my Archie digests. They used to have little ads in them for these products. I used to dream I could go the States and finally taste them.

When I finally did, many years later, I loved them! I can't believe they still make them today.

On a recent trip to the US, I found some at Walgreens and bought a couple to have as a midnight snack. My sister super loves these, and as much as I wanted to bring some home for her, they would have gotten crushed in my luggage.

So I recently browsed thru the net and found a site that sells them in boxes. They seem to be filled with preservatives, so I figured they would last the 2 week shipping trip. And they did! (Well we've eaten them all up already, and we're still alive. So I guess they were OK :-)

Available at http://www.netgrocer.com/ for $5.15 a box (contains 10 Twinkies inside). Enjoy!

No comments: